The Writing Center | We work best when we work with others.
The Florida State University Reading-Writing Center (RWC) is an inclusive resource for FSU students of all majors, programs, and backgrounds. Whether you are working on a paper or larger writing project, the RWC-DS can assist you during any stage of your work process.
In the RWC, our consultants act as practice audiences for ideas and projects. Here are some of the ways we can work with you:
- You are working on a research essay that calls for using scholarly articles and synthesizing sources.
- You are writing a personal statement for different graduate programs.
- You are writing a piece of creative fiction, nonfiction, and/or poetry and would like feedback.
- You are putting together a conference article or research presentation.
- You are revising a thesis or dissertation section.
Whether in-person or online, we're committed to providing sessions that help you to express your ideas in academics and beyond.
Schedule a Meeting
The Reading-Writing Center is open for in-person (Williams, Johnston, Strozier) and online (Zoom) appointments. If you have not used the writing center before, learn how to make an appointment.
Located in the English department on the second floor (room 222C), the Williams RWC holds sessions Monday through Friday.
The RWC is in Johnston Ground platform Monday through Friday. Look for the RWC sign across from the main staircase.
Looking for later times? The RWC is in Strozier library Monday through Thursday from 5-8pm. Can't find us? Visit the circulation desk.